IMPORTANT THINGS I'VE LEARNED IN PHOTOGRAPHY
IMPORTANT THINGS I've learned in photography.
2. Trust the technology. You've paid hundreds, possibly thousands, for your camera and lens. Trust the auto focussing and the auto metering, but most of all trust your instincts.
3. Look and learn. Look at images by photographers you admire and like. Look at them. Soak them up. Train your mind through observation. Teach your brain to see differently and then work out how to translate that into a photograph.
4. Listen to advice but remember, wise men don't need it and fools won't heed it.
5. Savour success, in whatever form it comes, because it doesn't come around too often. Anyway, you're only as good as your last photograph.
6. Help others, if you can. It costs nothing. Share knowledge. Accept help when offered and try to return the favour if given the opportunity.
7. One of the best things about photography are the crazy people you meet. But it's also full of lovely people, weird people, real people, creative people and dreamers. Steer clear of those who drive you nuts or try to make your life a misery.
8. You get out of it what you put into it.
9. Take the photographs you like, and feck the judges.
10. Cherish friends.
11. Above all, enjoy the journey. The destination isn't really all that important.
12. Everything I've said may be a load of rubbish.
Keywords: Photography, advice, friends, images, judges, knowledge, photographs, photography, revelations, technology
No comments posted.